This has been three days of jam packed fun. We are still spinning from all of the amazing speakers, events and new friendships that were made. We finished off SMX with lunch and a quick session with Larry Kim, founder of WordStream. This was by far one of the favorite sessions we attended. It was so fast paced that it was hard to take notes, but between the amount of great information on RLSA and unicorns, what a blast!
Click the link below to see Larry Kim’s presentation:
Overall, SMX, we will absolutely be back for more!
In summary, here are the main non-session tips and takeaways from Search Marketing Conference & Expo 2016:
- You typically fall into two categories: agency or in house, and everyone will ask you which one you are in.
- Other agencies have the same challenges, whether it’s with scaling new processes, staffing, training, reporting, or clients, we are all in this together.
- In house: Well they have their own sets of challenges.
- There is so much slang in this industry, and it was amazing to speak to so many people who spoke the same language… RLSA, RankBrain, Devo teams, evangelists, snippets, and the list goes on.
- Bring extra fancy clothes, you will will need them.
- Bring extra options for shoes —you’ll be doing some walking.
- Sleep is tough with all of the excitement at SMX.
- Take Uber/Lyft and stay away from the yellow cabs, they are way more expensive.
- On that note, do not take a yellow from the airport, it will cost you double the price of an Uber or Lyft.
- This industry is young and vibrant —- we talk about 15 years being “old.”
- Food was great and the connections and relationships built, were even better.
See you in 2017, SMX!